Cesar is a well known bike designer on the RCGroups forums under the name of trf_414_m2. Most of his designs seem to be of 1/8 and 1/5 onroad rc bikes, but they are all very unique with original looking ideas. This project was a 1/4 rc dirt bike he called CSC-MX1 and showcases Cesar’s unique ideas perfectly. Great job Cesar. Took me forever to finally get his bike on the site! Here are some of the details:
- Custom designed chassis and swingarm (waterjet cut then mill machined).
- Ricky Carmichael Honda front end (design later updated to use advanced pivot steering – not shown in pictures).
- Quanum aluminium steering levers
- 04B chain and sprockets
- NUova Faor spur gear and Novak Mod1 pinion
- Custom designed electric gyro inside ARX rear wheel and Proline Badlands 1/8 tyre fitted at the rear.
- Rear shock is a Traxxas GTR from a REVO car.
- Custom body made from a 0.7mm lexan sheet.
- Proline Stunt Steve rider figure.
- Leaf spring side crash bars with rollers.
- Custom bike stand.
I noticed that Cesar has started on a new project too! A 4 stroke, 3-speed supermotard version called CSC-MX2. Look forward to seeing that some day.